Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ciao!

The cocktail party and dinner last night were great again. We met the captain of the boat - Roberto Volpi - older Italian guy. We're in good hands. He talked exactly like Tony Nicoletti, Sr. Our dinner friends were a little more talkative tonight. After dinner, we had a drink at one of the bars where they had a “Love, Sex, and Romance Quiz.” Basically, they asked a trivia question, and we had to choose one of two answers. If you’re wrong, you’re out. Last one left wins a prize. First question – which weighs more, the average female breast, or a Big Mac sandwich? It’s the boob. We both chose the burger, so we were out pretty quickly. They constantly hold contests and activities like this. They had Survivor contest (like the TV show) yesterday, which we missed, and a Fear Factor contest today, which we watched and was pretty funny. Oh yeah, and yesterday they had a putting contest – you get 3 putts and had to make all three to advance to the finals for a sudden death putt-off. I hate to admit it, but I went 0 for 3, Amanda went 1 for 3. I blame it on the motion of the boat.

After the bar, we went to a vegas-like show – singing, dancing, etc. We thought it would be boring, but it was actually pretty cool.

Today was more laying out by the pool, eating, etc. I went to a free golf swing lesson this morning (there is a golf pro on the boat), and then we took a free Swing dancing lesson this afternoon. They showed us a couple basic swing steps. It was fun…but don’t ask for a demonstration when we get back.

Dinner again tonight, as usual. Plans for tonight are up in the air.

The wireless connection doesn’t reach our room, unfortunately, so we have to go into the hallway, or down to the internet café. And yes, you have to look at the crazy Tony picture all week.

Tomorrow, we land in San Juan at 3pm and spend the rest of the day there until midnight, so you might not hear from us until Monday, unless we have a chance to post something again tonight or tomorrow morning. We signed up for a walking tour of Old San Juan - we heardit is beautiful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like all fun and games - and a lot of eating!

We'll miss the updates if you can't write again until Monday. It's fun to read and hear what you're doing along the way.

I hope you can save this journal and print it out to put in your scrapbook.

Love, your anonymous mom!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you guessed the burger!! I could have told you it was the boob! It also does not sound like you will be having any golf pros for children. Oh well they could always play baseball for the RED SOX!!! I am so glad you guys are having fun, and I wish we could see pictures. Buy some cool stuff for yourselves in San Juan.

Have a few drinks for preggers!!

Love Heather & Jeremy

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys are having so much fun. I am so jealous considering I return to work on Monday. Poor me!!!

Have fun
Love,
Jordan

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home